- If you were going to die in 15 years. Would you do anything different? What about 50?
- If you had a dream, are you still dreaming?
- If you were going to be remarkable, what would you do?
- If you had the resources and the time to do anything... what would it be?
- If you could be a good person, who would you be?
- If you didn't have to please your parents/wife/children/friends/golf buddies, what would you do?
The power isn't in the if. It's in the question of the when.
I've got one more piece of advice from Steve.
Almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
Flickr credit: Voetmann